We’re looking for a back-end software engineer to join our growing company.
IFS Core is a leading provider of cloud-based software for the construction and field service industries. Our innovative products not only combine years of industry best practices and powerful technologies but also reflect the wants and needs of our customer base. Professionals today rely on our products to streamline operations, increase sales, improve management decisions, dispatch service teams, and more.
This role is for an individual who thrives on designing and managing simple and scalable solutions to the complex problems of the construction and field service industry. As a member of the back-end engineering team, you will contribute to the engineering efforts of one of our cross-functional scrum teams.
The Backend Software Engineer will:
- Be a passionate, flexible and hands-on Engineer that will design, develop and maintain production workloads that are highly scalable, high performing and highly available
- Write readable, maintainable, and efficient code
- Construct and manage services published to both internal and external consumers
- Should be passionate about training other junior engineers on the latest technologies
- Be able to quickly understand existing complicated systems and enhance the performance and reliability of current solutions
- Evangelize new ideas within your team as well as across teams
- Participate in team on-call rotation
- This job is a hybrid work opportunity. The successful candidate will be expected to work part-time at our Boston office on a weekly basis and the remainder of the time can be remote
- Experience with AWS cloud infrastructure and services including EC2, ECS, Lambda, RDS S3, Redis
- Strong PHP skills and object-oriented design experience
- Experience with Node.js
- 5+ years of development experience with at least 3+ years of cloud development
- A Bachelor’s degree in computer science or a related field
- Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to design, develop and deploy solutions
- Experience designing and implementing applications with highly optimized and scalable architectures
- Knowledge of industry development, deployment processes and agile development methodologies desired
- Knowledgeable of CI/CD process with a DevOps